Aprilia Tuareg 660 Wheel Service Kit
This Aprilia Tuareg 660 Wheel Service Tool Kit for front and rear wheels is especially designed and manufactured for the Tuareg 660. The kit is packed in a small 17 cm x 9 cm canvas pouch.
With this compact kit under your motorcycle seat you can do your Aprilia Tuareg 660 wheels maintenance and repairs anywhere!
Tuareg 660 rear wheel removal
Aprilia has made the rear wheel axle design a bit more complicated than necessary. The Aprilia Tuareg 660 rear axle nut is an unusual 26mm nut partially recessed inside the swing arm. It requires a conventional 26 mm socket or offset ring spanner to properly access and remove the 26 mm nut.
This kit includes a special Eastbound low profile 26mm x 3/8″ Aluminium 7075 T6 socket for that purpose. The socket is driven by the 3/8 inch breaker bar adapter and the Tyre-Pro modular handle set. The low profile socket is much shorter and lighter than standard steel sockets of that size and much easier to pack.
Tuareg 660 front wheel removal
To remove the front wheel of the Aprilia Tuareg 660 you need a 17 mm Alan key to loosen the front axle bolt, a 5 mm Alan key to loosen the axle pinch bolts and a 13 mm socket to remove one of the brake callipers to allow the wheel to pass between the fork legs.
The 17 mm HEX sliding adapter is purpose made by Eastbound for removal of front axle bolts. The kit also includes a 10 mm x 3/8″ bit holder socket (*). This socket fits on the 3/8 ” breaker bar adapter and holds the 5mm Alan bit for the pinch bolts.
* – this 3/8″ x 10mm bit holder makes the tools set multifunctional. You can use 10mm Alan, Torx and screw driver bits in this super handy bit adapter.
The Tuareg 660 Tool Kit includes;
- one (1) Eastbound 3/8 inch square drive breaker bar adapter. It consists of a Chrome-Vanadium extension sliding piece and a 7075 T6 aluminium sliding piece adapter.
- one (1) Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight 17mm Alan key sliding adapter for front axle bolt.
- one (1) Eastbound low profile 3/8″ x 26 mm 7075 T6 Aluminium socket; for removing rear axle nut.
- one (1) 3/8″ x 10 mm Chrome vanadium socket & bit holder; for the front brake calliper and pinch bolts bits
- one (1) 5mm Alan key bit, for fork pinch bolts. Fits the bit holder.
- one (1) 13 mm x 3/8” socket, for brake callipers.
- one (1) Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight handle set
- one (1) Eastbound PVC coated canvas tool storage pouch
The Aprilia Tuareg 660 Tool Kit features;
- lightweight breaker bar of 28cm allowing for easy loosening and tightening of the rear axle nut and front axle bolt.
- universal 3/8″ square drive and 10mm bit holder allowing use with a multitude of Torx, Alan, hex and screw driver bits.
- very compact and easy to store. The canvas pouch is small and flat and fits under the seat.
- total weight of the kit is only 405 grams
- torque socket 200 Nm and square drive adapter max 175 Nm
Expanding your Wheel Service Kit
You can simply expand your Wheel Service Kit with the Tyre Repair Extension Kit. With these extra items you can also change a tyre or fix a road side flat tube!
The standard commercial tool items are BGS technic KG or HeyTec
Both companies are traditional German, owner-run family business, supplying a range of hand tools and specialty motor vehicle tools. They stand out because of their high quality and excellent value for money.
There are no reviews yet.