Yamaha Ténéré 700 Wheel Service Tool Kit;
This Yamaha Tool Kit for front and rear wheels is especially designed and manufactured for the Ténéré 700. The kit is packed in a small 17cm x 9cm canvas pouch.
With this compact kit under your seat, Ténéré 700 wheel removal for maintenance or repairs can be done anytime anywhere!
19mm HEX adapter;
The basis for the this kit is the 19mm HEX adapter with the 3/8 inch square socket drive adapter. With the 3/8 inch square socket drive you can use a large range of HEX sockets, Torx sockets, Alan key bits, Torx bits, etc. Add a set of assorted sockets and bits that suit your bike and you have a complete ‘toolbox’ at hand.
Ténéré 700 rear wheel removal;
Yamaha has made the rear wheel axle design a bit more complicated than necessary. The Ténéré 700’s rear axle nut is partially recessed inside the swing arm. It requires a conventional 27 mm socket or offset ring spanner to properly access and remove the 27 mm nut. This kit includes a special BGS low profile 27mm chrome vanadium 3/8 ” socket for that purpose. The low profile socket is much shorter and lighter than a standard 27mm steel socket and easier to pack.
Ténéré 700 front wheel removal;
To remove the front wheel, you need the 19mm HEX Adapter to loosen the front axle bolt, a 10 mm socket(*) to loosen the axle pinch bolts and a 12 mm socket to remove one of the brake callipers to allow the wheel to pass between the fork legs. All these tool elements are included in this special kit.
* – the 10mm socket is also a 10mm bit holder which makes the tools set even more multifunctional because you can use Alan, Torx and screw driver bits in this super handy adapter.
The Eastbound Ténéré 700 Wheel Service Kit provides all tools required to remove and reinstall both wheels in a handy and compact kit.
The Yamaha Tool Kit includes;
- one (1) Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight 19mm HEX axle tool & 3/8″ square drive; for front axle bolt and as adapter for various sockets.
- one (1) Gedore 3/8″ x 3/8″ square drive adapter; to connect the various sockets to the 19mm HEX adapter.
- one (1) BGS low profile 3/8″ x 27 mm chrome vanadium socket; for removing rear axle nut. (Note; it is possible that the socket will be of the alternative supplier Sonic which is of equal size, weight and quality)
- one (1) BGS 3/8″ x 12 mm chrome vanadium socket; for removing front brake caliper 12 mm bolts
- one (1) BGS 3/8″ x 10 mm chrome vanadium socket & bit holder; for the front axle 10mm pinch bolts
- one (1) Eastbound Tyre-Pro tool storage pouch
- one (1) Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight lever set
The Yamaha Tool Kit features;
- lightweight breaker bar of 28cm allowing for easy loosening and tightening of the rear axle nut
- universal 3/8″ square drive and 10mm bit holder allowing use with a multitude of Torx, Alan, hex and screw driver bits.
- very compact and easy to store. The canvas pouch easily fits in the space under the rear part of the seat or in the storage pocket of the front part of the seat.
- total weight of the kit is 395 grams
- torque rating over 200Nm
Extending your Ténéré 700 Kit;
You can simply extend your Ténéré 700 Wheel kit with the Yamaha Ténéré 700 Tyre Kit Extension Smart Bundle. The extra items complete the kit to the level that you can service the bike wheels, brakes, change a tyre or fix a road side flat tube!
BGS technic KG is a traditional, owner-run, German based family business, which has been supplying a steadily growing range of hand tools and specialty motor vehicle tools for over 45 years. BGS tools stand out because of their high quality and excellent value for money. (See above on possible alternative supplier for the 27mm socket)