Yamaha Ténéré 700 Wheel Service Kit;
The Yamaha Ténéré 700 Wheel Service Kit for front and rear wheels is built around the Multifunctional Eastbound HEX Axle Tool. The complete kit packs in a small 17cm x 9cm canvas pouch.
With this compact kit under your seat, Ténéré 700 wheel removal for maintenance or repairs can be done anytime anywhere!
An added bonus of this Kit is the multifunctional Eastbound HEX axle tool. With its 3/8″ square socket drive ends and knurled centre ring it doubles as “screw driver” type handhold. With the 3/8″ square socket adapter in one of the HEX tool ends it can be used with a large range of HEX sockets, Torx sockets, Alan key bits, Torx bits, etc. Add a set of assorted sockets and bits that suit your bike and you have a complete ‘toolbox’ at hand. (Note that screw driver is not included in this kit)
Ténéré 700 Rear wheel removal;
Yamaha has made the rear wheel axle design a bit more complicated than necessary. The Ténéré 700’s rear axle nut is partially recessed inside the swing arm. It requires a conventional 27 mm socket or ring spanner to properly access and remove the 27 mm nut. This kit includes a special BGS low profile 27mm chrome vanadium 3/8 ” socket for that purpose. The low profile socket is much shorter and lighter than a standard 27mm steel socket and easier to pack.
Ténéré 700 Front wheel removal;
To remove the front wheel, you need a 19mm HEX Allen key to loosen the Axle bolt, a 10 mm socket to loosen the pinch bolts and a 12 mm socket to remove one of the brake calipers to allow the wheel to pass between the fork legs. All these tool elements are included in this special kit.
The Eastbound Ténéré 700 Wheel Service Kit provides all tools required to remove and reinstall both wheels in a handy and compact kit.
The Kit includes;
- one (1) Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight and multifunctional HEX Axle tool; for front axle bolt and as adapter for various sockets.
- one (1) 22 mm Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight wrench; to drive the HEX axle tool (together with the lever set)
- one (1) Gedore 3/8″ x 3/8″ square drive adapter; to connect the various sockets to the HEX axle tool.
- one (1) BGS low profile 3/8″ x 27 mm chrome vanadium socket; for removing rear axle nut.
- one (1) BGS 3/8″ x 12 mm chrome vanadium socket; for removing front brake caliper 12 mm bolts
- one (1) BGS 3/8″ x 10 mm chrome vanadium socket; for the front axle 10mm pinch bolts.
- one (1) Eastbound Tyre-Pro tool storage pouch (loose)
- one (1) Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight lever set; required for use with the 22 mm Eastbound wrench….
Extending your Ténéré 700 Kit;
You can simply extend your Ténéré 700 Wheel kit with the Yamaha Ténéré 700 Tyre Kit Extension Smart Bundle. The extra items complete the kit to the level that you can service the bike wheels, brakes, change a tyre or fix a road side flat tube!
BGS technic KG is a traditional, owner-run, German based family business, which has been supplying a steadily growing range of hand tools and specialty motor vehicle tools for over 45 years. BGS tools stand out because of their high quality and excellent value for money.