The BMW R 1200 and 1250 GS tool kit (W/C); Wheel Service Kit;
The BMW R 1200/1250 GS Wheel Service Kit for front and rear wheels is built around the Multifunctional Eastbound HEX Axle Tool. The complete kit packs in a small 17cm x 9cm (6.6″ x 3.5″) canvas pouch.
With this compact kit R 1200/1250 GS wheel removal for maintenance or repairs can be done anytime anywhere!
An added bonus of this Kit is the multifunctional Eastbound HEX axle tool. The 3/8″ square socket drive ends and knurled centre ring make it possible to use the unit as a “screw driver” type handhold. With the 3/8″ square socket adapter in one of the tool ends it can be used with a large range of HEX, Alan key or Torx sockets. The 10 mm bit drive adapter is suitable for smaller and lighter screw driver bits, Alan key bits or Torx bits. Add a set of assorted sockets and Torx bits that suit your bike and you have a complete ‘toolbox’ at hand. (Note that screw driver is not included in this kit)
Water Cooled R 1200/1250 GS Rear wheel removal;
The R 1200/1250 GS ‘s rear wheel bolts require a fairly long tool with a T50 Torx to properly access and remove the T50 Torx bolts. The combi of the 70mm HEX axle tool and the 75 mm T50 Torx provides sufficient tool length to conveniently fit the T50 Torx on the wheel bolts and to stay clear from the tyre with the lever.
R 1200/1250 GS Front wheel removal;
To remove the front wheel of the water cooled 1200/1250 GS series, you need a 17mm wrench to remove the axle bolt and a T45 Torx to loosen the pinch bolts and a 13mm socket to remove one or both of the brake callipers to allow the wheel to pass between the fork legs. All these tool elements are included in this special kit.
The Eastbound R 1200/1250 GS Wheel Service Kit provides all tools required to remove and reinstall both wheels in a handy and compact kit. The Kit includes;
- one (1) Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight and multifunctional HEX Axle tool; as adapter for various sockets and Torx bits.
- one (1) 17 mm Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight wrench; for front 17 mm axle bolt and to drive the HEX axle tool (together with the lever set)
- one (1) Gedore 3/8″ x 3/8″ square drive adapter; to connect the bit drive adapter and 13 mm socket to the HEX axle tool.
- one (1) BGS 3/8″ x 10 mm bit drive adapter for the T45 and T50 Torx bolts.
- one (1) BGS 10mm x 75 mm T50 Torx bit; for removing rear wheel bolts.
- one (1) BGS 10mm x 30 mm T45 Torx bit; for front pinch bolts
- one (1) BGS 13mm socket for removing front brake calliper(s)
- one (1) Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight lever set; required for use with the 17 mm Eastbound wrench.
- one (1) Eastbound Tyre-Pro tool storage pouch.
Extending your R 1200/1250 GS Kit with a tyre repair tool kit;
You can simply extend your R 1200/1250 GS Wheel service kit with the Tyre Repair Extension Tool Kit. With this extra kit you can service the bike wheels, brakes, change a tyre. When you damaged the rim and it won’t hold air, you can install a inner tube. Unfortunately this isituation is not an exception!
Note; some BMW rims require preparations/modifications before you can install a tube.
BGS technic KG is a traditional, owner-run, German based family business, which has been supplying a steadily growing range of hand tools and specialty motor vehicle tools for over 45 years. BGS tools stand out because of their high quality and excellent value for money