The BMW F 850 GS tool kit; Wheel Service Kit;
For the BMW F850GS Wheel Service Kit for front and rear wheels Eastbound has designed and manufactured a special 34mm HEX Axle nut spanner!
The Eastbound BMW F 850 GS tool kit provides all tools required to remove and reinstall both wheels in a handy, compact kit. Do your repairs (or maintenance) anytime, anywhere with this compact F850GS wheel removal kit.
The complete kit packs in a small 17cm x 9cm (6.6″ x 3.5″) canvas pouch.
3/8 inch breaker bar adapter;
With the lightweight modular breaker bar with 3/8 inch square socket drive adapter you can use a large range of HEX sockets, Torx sockets, Alan key bits, Torx bits, etc. Add a set of assorted sockets and bits that suit your bike and you have a complete ‘toolbox’ at hand.
Rear wheel removal;
Contrary to F 800 GS which uses commonly used axle nut sizes, the F 850 GS rear axle nut is an unusually large 34mm nut. There were no 7075 T6 lightweights tools on the market, only conventional steel tools. For that reason Eastbound added the 34mm to its Tyre-Pro tool range. The removal of the rear wheel is otherwise standard as on any conventional double sided swing arm motorcycle.
Front wheel removal;
To remove the front wheel of the F 850 GS series BMW , you need a 12 mm Alan key to remove the axle bolt, a T40 Torx to loosen the pinch bolts and a T50 Torx to remove one or both of the brake callipers to allow the wheel to pass between the fork legs. All these tool are included as 3/8 inch bit elements which fit into the 3/8 inch bit adapter.
The BMW F 850 GS tool kit includes;
- one (1) 34mm Eastbound 7075 T6lightweight axle nut wrench
- one (1) 3/8″ square drive breaker bar adapter for 3/8″ x 10 mm bit drive socket
- one (1) BGS 3/8″ x 10mm bit drive socket; for the various bits needed for front wheel removal.
- one (1) BGS 10 x 12mm Alan bit; For removing front axle bolt.
- one (1) BGS 10 x T50 Torx bit; for removing front brake calliper bolts
- one (1) BGS 10 x T40 Torx bit; for loosening front axle pinch bolts
- one (1) Eastbound Tyre-Pro tool storage pouch
- one (1) Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight lever set
The F850GS Tool Kit features;
- lightweight breaker bar of 28cm allowing for easy loosening and tightening of the rear axle nut
- universal 3/8″ square drive and 10mm bit holder allowing use with a multitude of Torx, Alan, hex and screw driver bits.
- very compact and easy to store. The canvas pouch easily fits in the space under the rear part of the seat or in the storage pocket of the front part of the seat.
- total weight of the kit is 395 grams
- torque rating over 200Nm
Extending your F 850 GS kit with a tyre repair tool kit;
You can simply extend your F850GS Wheel service kit with the Tyre Repair Extension Tool Kit. With this extra kit you can service the bike wheels, brakes, change a tyre.
BGS technic KG is a traditional, owner-run, German based family business. It has been supplying a steadily growing range of hand tools and specialty motor vehicle tools for over 45 years. BGS tools stand out because of their high quality and excellent value for money