The Honda CRF 1000 Wheel Service Kit
The Eastbound Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000 (incl DCT and ATAS) tool kit provides all tools required to remove and reinstall both wheels in a handy, compact kit. Do your repairs (or maintenance) anytime, anywhere with this compact tool kit.
3/8 inch breaker bar adapter
With the lightweight modular breaker bar with 3/8 inch square socket drive adapter you can use a large range of HEX sockets, Torx sockets, Alan key bits, Torx bits, etc. Add the sockets and tool bits that fit your motorcycle and you have a complete ‘toolbox’.
Rear wheel removal
Rear wheel removal for these motorcycles is straight forward with the 27 mm ring wrench and the long Tyre-Pro handle set. Remove the 27 mm axle nut on the right hand side of the wheel. If the axle turns with the nut, you can use the shorty 22 mm ring wrench on the left hand side to prevent rotation of the axle. The brake calliper(s) do not have to be removed.
Front wheel removal
To remove the front wheel you need the 22 mm ring wrench for the axle nut, a Hex 12 mm socket to loosen the pinch bolts and a Hex 14 mm socket to remove one or both of the brake callipers to allow the wheel to pass between the forklegs. The kit includes a 3/8 inch breaker bar adapter and the 12 mm and 14mm sockets.
The Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000 tool kit includes;
- one (1) 27 mm Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight axle nut ring wrench for rear axle nut
- one (1) 22 mm Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight axle nut ring wrench for front axle nut
- one (1) Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight handle set
- one (1) Eastbound 7075 T6 breaker bar adapter / Chrome-Vanadium 3/8 inch drive sliding piece
- one (1) BGS 3/8 ” 12 mm Hex socket; for front axle pinch bolts
- one (1) BGS 3/8″ 14mm Hex socket; for removing front brake calliper bolts
- one (1) Eastbound Tyre-Pro tool storage pouch
The Honda Africa Twin CRF 1000 tool kit features
- lightweight breaker bar of 28cm length allowing for easy loosening and tightening of the axle nuts
- universal 3/8″ square drive allowing use with a multitude of Torx, Alan, Hex and screw driver sockets.
- very compact and easy to store. The canvas pouch easily fits in the space under the seat.
- total weight of the kit is 395 grams
- torque rating axle nut ring wrenches 225Nm. Breaker bar adapter 175 Nm.
Expanding your Wheel Service Kit
You can simply expand your Wheel Service Kit with the Tyre Repair Extension Kit. With these extra items you can also change a tyre or fix a road side flat tube!