BMW R 1200 GS (O/C) Wheel Service Kit
The BMW R 1200 GS Wheel Service Kit for front and rear wheels is compiled around the Multifunctional Eastbound HEX Axle Tool. The Wheel Service Kit is stored in a 17cm x 9cm (6.6″ x 3.5″) canvas pouch.
Do repairs (or maintenance) anytime, anywhere with this compact R 1200 GS tool kit.
The multifunctional Eastbound HEX axle tool with its 3/8″ square socket drive ends and knurled centre ring make it possible to use the unit as a “screw driver” type handhold. With the 3/8″ square socket adapter in one of the tool ends it can be used with a large range of HEX, Alan key or Torx sockets. The 10 mm bit drive adapter is suitable for smaller and lighter screw driver bits, Alan key bits or Torx bits. When you add the sockets and bits that suit your motorcycle you have a complete ‘toolbox’ with you. (Note that screw driver is not included)
R 1200 GS rear wheel removal
The R 1200 GS’ rear wheel bolts require a fairly long tool with a T50 Torx to properly access and remove the T50 Torx bolts. The combi of the 70mm HEX axle tool and the 75 mm T50 Torx provides sufficient tool length to conveniently fit the T50 Torx on the wheel bolts. In this way the handle can turned freely outside the wheel.
R 1200 GS Front wheel removal;
To remove the front wheel of the oil cooled 1200 series, you need a 22mm HEX Allen key to loosen the Axle bolt and a T45 Torx to loosen the pinch bolts and one of the brake callipers to allow the wheel to pass between the fork legs.
The R 1200 GS Kit includes;
- one (1) Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight and multifunctional HEX Axle tool; for 22mm Alan key front axle bolt and as adapter for various sockets and Torx bits.
- one (1) 19 mm Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight ring wrench; to drive the HEX axle tool (together with the handle set)
- one (1) Gedore 3/8″ x 3/8″ square drive adapter; to connect the bit drive adapter to the HEX axle tool.
- one (1) BGS 3/8″ x 10 mm bit drive adapter.
- one (1) BGS 10mm x 75 mm T50 Torx bit; for removing rear wheel bolts.
- one (1) BGS 10mm x 30 mm T45 Torx bit; for front pinch bolts and removing of front brake caliper
- one (1) Eastbound 7075 T6 lightweight handle set; required for use with the 19 mm Eastbound ring wrench.
- one (1) Eastbound Tyre-Pro tool storage pouch
Expanding your Wheel Service Kit
You can simply expand your Wheel Service Kit with the Tyre Repair Extension Kit. With these extra items you can also change a tyre or fix a road side flat tube!
Note; some BMW rims require preparations/modifications before you can install a tube.
BGS technic KG is a traditional, owner-run, German based family business; they have been supplying a steadily growing range of hand tools and specialty motor vehicle tools for over 45 years. BGS tools stand out because of their high quality and excellent value for money.
There are no reviews yet.